Monday, July 12, 2010

Brownie badges

Through the holidays I have been very busy doing things for Brownie badges. This is a happy picture made from natural stuff with a colourful frame around it. I gave it to Auntie Julia as a thank you because she gave us a lot of collage "treasures".


I made a telephone using 2 tins and a pieces of string. It's really cool how the sound travels in waves along the string.








We picked up ice blocks without using our hands. We put a piece of string across the ice block and sprinkled salt on it. And then left it for a little while.
When we came back we could pick up the two ends of the string and the ice block was stuck to it.

I put pepper in a bowl of water. The pepper floats. Then I put a tooth pick in and nothing happened. Then I put some dish washing liquid on the end of the toothpick and put it in again. This was what happened. It was so cool.
I made a sun dial. I put a stick in the ground and every 1/2 an hour I marked where the shadow was and wrote down what time it is.
During the week I could look over and see what time it was. It's so cool.

No comments: