Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dive into books party


I was very excited about the Dive into books party today. To be invited to the party we had to read at least 4 books over the holiday and go and tell the librarian about them. Each time we "reported in" we got a reward. We got a library bag, a pen and a pencil bag and today we got a slinky.They had a storyteller there and she was very good. She had this monkey puppet and it was the first time I had seen a ventriloquist. She was really good and the monkey was very funny.
She had some funny songs and stories that she told using her mandolin.
Then she told a story and used a string to make pictures of everything that happened.
I got my certificate for completing the programme.
And then we had a lovely afternoon tea. I look forward to doing the summer programme again next year and they even said there will be something in the winter too which will be nice.

No comments: